While a low carb diet isn’t exactly our intention, on occasion we’ll have low carb dishes. This usually results in a low carb breakfast option like this delicious low carb breakfast scramble. During the week we don’t make a big to-do about breakfast but over the weekends, we do put more effort into it. Sunday is always pancake day and Saturday, we get a little more creative.
Kyle’s boys, T & J, have cereal usually but I’ll make something for myself, Kyle, and Squeaker.
Easy Low Carb Breakfast Scramble
This breakfast scramble can be completely vegetarian if you’d like and you can also add in other vegetables. Next time, I think I’ll use spinach as well. It cooked relatively quickly and was incredibly filling. The perfect start to our day, for sure.
The main components, aside from the eggs, are: Canadian bacon, green peppers, and white onion.
You can substitute the Canadian bacon for ham or regular bacon or sausage.
Once all of those ingredients were cooked (we left the green peppers slightly undercooked so it would have a little more crunch), I added the eggs. I let those cook for a few minutes and then added a generous handful or two of cheese:
We used a Taco cheese blend but you can use any type of cheese that you like. Or, if you’d rather, you can omit the cheese all together. I just enjoy having cheese in my breakfast scrambles so it’s a staple ingredient for me.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 8 oz Canadian bacon
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- Chop your onion, dice your green pepper, cube your Canadian bacon and set aside
- In a medium to large frying pan, melt the butter and then add the Canadian bacon, green peppers, and onions.
- Once the onions are mildly translucent, crack the eggs (one at a time) over the meat and vegetables
- Cook for a few minutes, breaking down the yolk and scrambling the eggs together with the meat and vegetables. Add the cheese and mix together.
- When the eggs are done to your liking, remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
We have a few more breakfast recipes to share, just a matter of getting the images together and putting a few finishing touches on them. Low carb breakfast scrambles are one of our favorites to do and it’s also on the list of toddler approved recipes as well. When I cook, I try to make sure that Squeaker is going to enjoy it as well.
So far I’ve got a 100% approval rating.
Do you enjoy making breakfast scrambles? What do you like putting in them?
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for my newsletter - and get your copy of the Autism Family Toolkit for free.