Every Sunday evening, we watch the latest episode of the Walking Dead and sometimes catch up on old episodes. One of the biggest problems that we run into is finding the ideal snack for the show. We don’t do themed snacks, though that might be an option to explore for the finale. But we do tend to fall back on one snack in particular. I love a good spinach and artichoke dip and after trying several recipes, I think we finally have our favorite.
One of these days, I’ll be brave enough to use fresh artichokes, but I’m still trying to get the hang of cooking those first and then using them for the dip or whatever else we need them for. This most recent batch of spinach and artichoke dip that I made has also most closely resembled the dip that I’ve ordered at restaurants. But I wouldn’t call it a copycat because that wasn’t what I was going for. I just wanted spinach and artichoke dip.
- 1 8 oz bar of cream cheese
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 package of frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 and prepare a medium sized baking dish- I usually use a 9x9 pan
- Prepare spinach according to package directions
- Add chopped artichoke hearts into the pan
- Cut the cream cheese into small chunks and sprinkle around the chopped artichoke hearts
- Add in the spinach
- Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese over the top
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve warm
While we don’t make this every Sunday, this has definitely become a favorite in our rotation of snacks for when we watch the Walking Dead. It’s delicious, creamy (but not too cheesy), so maybe it isn’t the healthiest dip in the world. But, I’ll make an exception for this treat even if I’m trying to stick to a healthier diet.
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- Saving Space: 4 Essential Tips to Declutter Your Home - September 30, 2023