Bacon and cheese is one of my favorite combinations. And that’s also because bacon and cheese are two of my favorite foods. So any opportunity that I can get to combine them? I’m all for it. That includes appetizers to main dishes. One of my favorite appetizers to make lately is a bacon and cheddar cheese ball.
And the best part about it?
It’s so easy and starts with three ingredients. From there, of course, you can jazz it up as much as you’d like.
This pairs well with crackers, bread, or if you’re like Squeaker, just dig in with a spoon.
The recipe is also easy to double in terms of quantities so if you need a larger one or want to make multiple cheese balls? You can do so quite easily.
You’ll want to let it sit for at least an hour in the fridge, just to let it set for a bit.
- 2 8 oz bars of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of baked bacon, chopped
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine ingredients with hands or a large, sturdy spoon
- Optionally mix in: walnuts, almonds, or pecans. Dried cranberries or raisins. Sunflower seeds.
- Form the mixture into a ball and return to bowl before covering with plastic wrap
- Let sit for at least one hour in the fridge.
- Serve with crackers or small pieces of French or Italian bread.
Cook time is for the bacon if you are baking it.
I’ve made this now for family parties and for church. Each and every time, there’s never any to take home! It really is so easy to make and goes over well with just about every guest.
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to sign up for my newsletter - and get your copy of the Autism Family Toolkit for free.