We love to celebrate holidays and to help with holiday celebrations, I love a good variety of books. Books are a staple part of our home to begin with, so I want to start sharing a weekly book list with you. Usually they’ll be books for toddlers and preschoolers, but I’ll also have a few book lists for adults as well.
This week, we’re getting ready for Thanksgiving with these fun 25 Thanksgiving books for toddlers and preschoolers.
Please note that some of these are religious in nature, but for the most part they’re secular based. In the future, I will have book lists that are Christian focused. I have a lot of ideas for these lists though most of them are based on whatever Squeaker is interested in.
Our Favorite Thanksgiving Books for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Happy Thanksgiving (Bright Baby series)
- The First Thanksgiving (Lift the Flap book)
- Five Silly Turkeys
- Thanksgiving Parade
- The Night Before Thanksgiving
- I Love to Gobble You Up
- Biscuit is Thankful
- T is for Turkey
- One Little, Two Little, Three Little Pilgrims
- Happy Thanksgiving, Curious George
- Thanks for Thanksgiving
- The Berenstain Bears Thanksgiving Blessings
- The Berenstain Bears Thanksgiving All Around
- I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie
- Little Critter: Just a Special Thanksgiving
- Pete the Cat: The First Thanksgiving
- Turkey Time
- My First Thanksgiving
- Corduroy’s Thanksgiving
- What is Thanksgiving?
- 10 Fat Turkeys
- Thanksgiving is for Giving Thanks
- Turkey Trouble
- Turkey Claus
- Run, Turkey, Run!
We’ll probably watch a few Thanksgiving themed movies and shows as well.
One of our traditions during the holidays is to read a Peanuts book and then watch the related movie. So for Thanksgiving, we’ll read Charlie Brown’s Thanksgiving and then watch the movie. I’ll have a list of Thanksgiving movies coming up soon and we’ll also start looking into What to Watch on Prime for Toddlers.
Which one of these Thanksgiving books for toddlers would you pick?
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- The Most Stressful Issues to Deal with in Your Home - September 24, 2020