To keep with the St. Patrick’s Day theme (after covering recipes and crafts) or if you’re planning on studying Ireland, here are 20+ books about St. Patrick’s Day for kids.
I’ve also included a few that aren’t St. Patrick’s Day specific, but are related to Ireland and/or Irish culture. When we cover St. Patrick’s Day in Tot School or Homeschool Preschool (or beyond), I intend to make it more of an Ireland and Irish Culture theme rather than just St. Patrick’s Day.
This book list is mostly for younger children though I’ll also include a book list for older children in the future- hopefully before next year!
- The Night Before St. Patrick’s Day
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day, Curious George tabbed board book
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover!
- That’s What Leprechauns Do
- The Luckiest St. Patrick’s Day Ever
- Ten Lucky Leprechauns
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Patrick: Patron Saint of Ireland
- Green Shamrocks
- Jamie O’Rourke and the Big Potato
- Jack and the Leprechaun (Pictureback(R))
- The Leprechaun’s Gold
- The Leprechaun Trap: A Family Tradition For Saint Patrick’s Day1
- Hooray for St. Patrick’s Day! (Lift-the-Flap, Puffin)
- The Leprechaun Who Lost His Rainbow
- O’Sullivan Stew (Picture Puffins)
- Too Many Leprechauns
- St. Patrick’s Day Alphabet
- S is for Shamrock: An Ireland Alphabet (Discover the World)
- St. Patrick’s Day (All About Holidays)
- Black Potatoes: The Story of the Great Irish Famine, 1845-1850
- Fin M’coul: The Giant of Knockmany Hill
- Tim O’Toole and the Wee Folk (Picture Puffins)
- Great Irish Legends for Children
- Traditional Irish Fairy Tales
- Jamie O’Rourke and the Pooka
- The History of Ireland
If we add any of these to our own library, I’d love to get S is for Shamrock, The History of Ireland, Great Irish Legends for Children, The Leprechaun Trap, and The Night Before St. Patrick’s Day. Of course, I’d love to eventually add all of these! I remember reading Fin M’coul when I was younger.
Do you have a favorite book related to St. Patrick’s Day or Ireland and Irish Culture?
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- What Hobbies Can You Consider Taking Up As A Stay At Home Mom? - March 27, 2023
Thanks for sharing this great posts. I posted to my St. Patrick’s day Pinterest board.