One of our favorite Christmas recipes is our French Toast biscuit bake. Because, yum! Who doesn’t love an easy and delicious recipe. We’ve also made a baked Chocolate French Toast (with almond milk) and Canned Biscuit Monkey bread.
I love easy recipes and I love recipes that I can use with every member of our family.
This delicious chocolate chip french toast bake fit the bill and I am looking forward to making it for Christmas this year.
Why chocolate chip French toast?
Why not? French Toast is a versatile breakfast food, I think. It’s great as a weekend treat but you can also dress it up (or down) as a dessert. Let’s face it, French toast can be pretty sweet and when you add in chocolate chips? Well, that just screams dessert to me.
Or some kind of special occasion.
The best bread for baked French toast
While I do have a preference for using biscuits for my French toast bake, you can also use Brioche bread. Brioche holds up better than traditional sandwich bread. Or, if you have it on hand, you can use Challah bread.
How to Make Chocolate Chip French Toast
- 1 loaf Chocolate Chip Brioche Bread (cut into quarters), can substitute Challah bread and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (your choice!)
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish and place half the bread in a single layer along the bottom of the dish and set aside.
- Place eggs, milk, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar
- Pour half the egg mixture over the top of the bread and top with half the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place the remaining bread on top of the coated bread layer and repeat step 4 with the remaining egg mixture & remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place the casserole in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil cover and add chocolate chips to the top, bake for an additional 15 minutes uncovered.
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- The Contractors You’ll Need to Help You Build a House - January 27, 2023