Inside: If you’re looking for a tasty weekend breakfast idea or for a recipe that you can prepare the night before, take a look at this canned biscuit monkey bread.
Have you ever heard of monkey bread? It’s a type of bread made by baking many small balls of yeast dough in a pan with a sweet or savory sauce. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, let’s make it that much easier by using canned biscuits. We have a preference for Grands canned biscuits but you can use any brand that you like.
This canned biscuit monkey bread is perfect for a weekend morning or for a busy weekday morning when you want to get a special breakfast on the table. You can also serve this up for a tasty dessert.
Or you can go the savory route.
It’s really up to your personal preferences.
Easy Canned Biscuit Monkey Bread
- 1/2 cup granulated (white) sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cans canned biscuit of choice (we prefer Grands -- flaky or regular)
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup butter , melted
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts (we prefer pecans), optional
- 1/2 cup raisins (can also use dried cranberries), optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prepare a 12 cup bundt pan (fluted pan).
- In a large storage bag, mix together your cinnamon and white sugar
- Separate your biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters. Shake in the bag to coat and then arrange in the pan. You can sprinkle in your pecans or walnuts along with your raisins or cranberries at this point.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together your melted butter and brown sugar and then pour over the biscuits.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, then cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn your pan upside-down to remove the monkey bread and serve warm.
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- Free Printable Quarantine Countdown Calendars for Kids - April 7, 2020