So, I really did have all intention of posting about Yoga, but I haven’t started my at home program. Honestly, I still feel that yoga is a great start when it comes to a fitness program at home for moms. Today though, I still want to have some focus on fitness, so I’m going to talk about the benefits of exercising. I’m going to make every Friday a Fitness Friday, and the Yoga for Beginners (Like Me) series will be on a monthly basis. What I need to start doing is keep a fitness journal or at the very least make an accountability sheet. Yes, I know, there are apps for that but if I write it down and can see it, I’m far more likely to keep with it.
This post makes use of affiliate links at no additional cost to you. By making a purchase through one of my links, you are helping me support my family.
As part of my own at-home fitness routine, or at least until the weather is warmer, I’m starting Yoga. Once I’ve had the chance to actually use this stuff, I’ll have another post up but for now, you can see what I’m intending to use.
* A Yoga for Beginners boxed set including DVDs and Yoga cards
I’ve also looked online for a few resources and once the weather is nicer, I’ll start taking daily walks around the neighborhood with Squeaker.
So why am I making it a point to integrate exercise into my daily routine?
We all know about certain benefits of exercising – above all, that it’s good for us. But this isn’t always enough to get us motivated into actually doing it. If you’re looking for a little inspiration to get started on your new year’s resolution or to just start a healthier lifestyle then here are 10 reasons why exercise can improve your life.
10 Benefits of Exercising Regularly
1) More Energy: Although exercise in itself may be tiring, one of the major benefits of exercising is the fact that it’ll ultimately leave you feeling more energized. Studies have shown that regular exercise helps to reduce fatigue.
2) Increase Your Mood: Every time you exercise your body will release endorphins that help to make you feel good. Exercise really will give you a natural high!
3) Improve Your Health: There are so many health benefits of losing weight that it’s impossible to list them all here! By getting fit you’ll reduce the risk of diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, stroke, heart disease and much more.
4) Improve Your Appearance: If being overweight or not being toned leaves you feeling unhappy about yourself then losing weight can help you to look and feel better.
5) Play With Your Kids: It takes a lot of energy to keep up with your kids. By losing weight and getting fit, you’ll be able to run around with them without constantly getting out of breath. This can be one of the most rewarding benefits of exercising: it helps you to enjoy life more.
6) Sleep Better: When you exercise more you’ll start to find it easier to get a good night’s rest. This adds to the energy boost that you’ll get from exercise in the long term.
7) Increase Your Strength and Stamina: Do you find it hard to go on long walks, even though you want to? Or maybe even carrying shopping bags up the stairs is a struggle? Exercise more and you’ll eventually be able to handle these activities with ease.
8) Reduce Stress: Exercise can hugely reduce stress levels. If you regularly suffer from stress – or even mental heath issues such as depression and anxiety – regular exercise can help to reduce your symptoms.
9) A Sense Of Achievement: When you start to exercise and see the improvements you’re making week on week, you’ll really get the feeling that you’ve achieved something worthwhile!
10) Keep Your Independence Later In Life: The more you can exercise now, while you’re still able, the more you can reduce the impact of certain health problems later in life. In short, keeping fit and healthy will help you to keep your independence as late into life as possible.
Do you exercise daily or on a regular basis? What do you think the benefits of exercising are?
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- Daily, Weekly & Monthly Home Maintenance Checklist! - April 9, 2021