We are so excited to be participating in the Virtual Book Club for Kids again! Hopefully now on a more permanent basis. I had all good intent of joining in again sooner but life and all of that. So, here we go! For this week’s theme, I made a Valentine’s Day themed prewriting practice sheet. And while my toddler uses it for preschool readiness skills, you could also use these for kids with special needs.
This post contains affiliate links and while you are under no obligation to use them, by purchasing something through my affiliate link you are supporting this site, thanks!
The book for this week is: The Day it Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond.
I’m not really sure if this caught her attention quite well but she seemed interested enough. We try to read several times a day. And we always start and end our days with reading a book or three. It all depends on how interested she is.
We also used this time to talk about kindness and love. And we printed out Valentine’s Day cards.
All in all, we had fun with the theme and added a few more books to our pile:
- Love from The Hungry Caterpillar
- Happy Valentine’s Day Mouse
- Duck & Goose: Goose Needs a Hug
- Guess How Much I Love You
Squeaker has really been into coloring and tracing lately, so I made some quick sheets for her to try out.
We’ll do something differently later in the week and also make more sheets, so be on the lookout for that. We’ll have a matching game and some other things to try.
This particular set includes:
- Love & Heart tracing words
- Letters to trace (or fill) – L, O, V, E
- Prewriting tracing
- Two simple mazes
You can download a copy of our Valentine’s Day themed prewriting sheets
To supplement our Valentine’s Day theme, we’ll also try some of the activities from our fellow co-hosts in the Virtual Bookclub for Kids
- Simple Matching Game for Preschoolers by Mama Smiles
- Easy Heart Shaped Pancakes by The Educator’s Spin On It
- Raining Hearts Name Craft by Still Playing School
- Broken Hearts Number Bonds by Rainy Day Mum
- Love Heart Number Line by Adventures and Play
- Valentine’s Counting Activity by Clare’s Little Tots
- Throw a Love Fest/Kindness Party for Kids by Toddler Approved
- Valentine Tower by Preschool Powol Packets
- Coding For Kids by JDaniel4’s Mom
- Raining Hearts Viscosity Experiment by Imagination Laboratories
- Heart Sensory Bin by The Moments at Home
- Easy Heart Art Painting by Messy Little Monster
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- How to Prepare for the Future While Still Planning for the Present - December 13, 2017