I had seen quite a few recipes for pancakes that only used an egg, and mashed banana. Occasionally a teaspoon of vanilla extract but nothing beyond that. And I was quite intrigued.
Could this possibly come close to pancakes made from scratch or our go-to choice of Bisquick? I had to find out for myself with this easy cinnamon, almond and banana pancake recipe.
I am an almond lover (the type that has eaten Marzipan on it’s own) so I wanted to see if that would taste okay in this mix and then I saw the cinnamon in the cabinet and thought- why not. Thus, cinnamon, banana, and almond pancakes were born. Or at least in my kitchen.
Ingredients for Cinnamon, Banana, and Almond pancakes
And that, right there, are all of the ingredients.
That’s it. Only four ingredients though technically five if you count both eggs. But that’s it.
So how could this possibly come together and make a delectable pancake? I was about to find out.
I honestly could not get these in my mouth fast enough.
Cinnamon, Almond, and Banana Pancakes
- Two large eggs
- One mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- small handful of sliced almonds
- In a small mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together until well combined. Optionally add in the sliced almonds for texture.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle to medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray or use butter to grease
- Pour by spoonful onto the heated pan and cook for five minutes on each side. Or watch for golden brown edges. A flat spatula will work wonders when getting this pancake evenly off the pan
It reminded me of French toast but in more consumable form. Not that French toast isn’t easily devoured, but this? Delicious. What I also liked about this was that, in time, Squeaker can help me make them. She loves pancakes just as much as I do, so I’m sure this will be a fun cooking project in the future.
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- What I Wish You Knew About Parenting a Non-verbal Autistic Child - November 30, 2018