I have admitted in the past that I am kind of a skipper. Well, maybe more than kind of. It’s not always intentional though. Sometimes I just get so caught up in doing other things in the morning. And then, by the time I get around to it, it’s already close enough to lunchtime. But when I look at how I use my time; it’s silly of me to not eat breakfast. I mean, if I can get coffee then surely I can have breakfast- right? That’s why I’m partnering with Dunkin’ Donuts to bring you these 4 important reasons to not skip breakfast.
One of the most important meals of the day is breakfast. You heard that growing up and may not believe it to be true, but it really is. It is a shame that it becomes one of those meals that we run out of time for.
We get so caught up in trying to get our day going that we end up neglecting the one meal that may end up making the rest of the day better for us.
What are the benefits of eating breakfast?
Important Reasons to Not Skip Breakfast
1) It’s like filling up your gas tank first thing in the morning. Getting a good healthy breakfast can help you get more done through the day without having to be interrupted. It doesn’t mean that you won’t be hungry, but you will start off the day with the right kind of energy and your blood sugar will be at a better level. This means less down time for you.
2) It helps your brain and nervous system function properly. It essentially just gets your synapses firing on all cylinders. Your brain is sharper and your decision making skills are better. Your memory is also improved.
3) Breakfast makes you less prone to binge eating. If you wait until lunch to eat you will become more hungry. This means that you will try to find more food to eat and will make you less picky in your selection. You want to curb that hunger so you run down to the closest fast food restaurant and buy the biggest size of whatever big burger you are carving. Not only will you eat a lot, you will eat it fast. Eating fast most likely means you are eating more than you need. You are getting food down so fast that your body doesn’t have time to figure out that it’s full until it’s too late.
4) Eating breakfast helps you lose weight. It’s not just breakfast, though. It’s eating several times a day. Eat early and often to help you lose the most weight. Breakfast plays an important role in all of this. If you skip meals, your body begins to think that it’s starving and will go into storage mode thinking it must preserve as much as possible. That is when it turns into fat. It can also slow down your metabolism and your ability to burn fat. When you eat that healthy breakfast, you are letting your body know that you aren’t going to be starving it today so it doesn’t have to worry about storing it. It also gets your metabolism going and ready to burn fat all day.
Pressed for time? Stop by your local Dunkin’ Donuts and pick up a new Pretzel Croissant Breakfast sandwich.
Dunkin’ Donuts offers sandwiches and baked goods that pair perfectly with its range of coffees, espresso beverages, teas and frozen beverages. The Pretzel Croissant Breakfast Sandwich pairs perfectly with a Dunkin’ Donuts hot coffee.
Dunkin’ Donuts is committed to menu innovation, giving guests even more choices, with the same great taste, quality and value that they expect.
In our 24/7 world, consumers want what they want, when they want it. We are seeing breakfast permeate through the entire day and Dunkin’ Donuts is a great destination for on-the- go people who want a quick bite in the morning or a meal any time of day.
Breakfast is not just for breakfast any more. And stopping at Dunkin’ Donuts fills us up for the rest of our day’s adventures, like trips to the local park.
Keep up with the latest news from Dunkin’ Donuts by visiting their blog.
Do you have a favorite item from the Dunkin’ Donuts menu? How does it help to keep your day going?
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- When to File Your Tax Return and Determining Your Filing Status in 2020 - January 2, 2020