As Squeaker is entering toddlerhood, one of our challenges has been keeping her bangs out of her face. I’m in no rush to get her haircut, and so I’ve been looking for toddler hairstyles for girls that I can do at home. I wouldn’t say I’m hair-challenged but I want something easy and quick for both her patience and my sanity. Most days, I’m content to just put her hair in pigtails (or pretty as she calls them) and be done with it.
But now, I’m inspired to try more ideas and I’m sharing with you 20+ easy hairstyles for little girls that I love.
First, you might want to check out this helpful post from A Bella Braids about how to care for your toddler’s hair. And if you have a child with curly hair, check out Lasting Thumbrint’s post about caring for your child’s curly hair. Finally, before you tackle these ideas, check out ten tips for getting your toddler to sit still during hairstyles from Cute Girl Hairstyles.
And if you’re wanting to get some curls in your little girl’s hair, check out this:
How To Use Sponge Rollers to Get Curls
Pigtails and Ponytails for Little Girls
- Zig Zag Pull Through Pigtails from Hairstyles for Tiny Divas
- Twist Braid Pigtails from Hairstyles for Tiny Divas
- Mini knots and ponytails from Babes in Hairland
- Piggies and Curls from She Does Hair
- Simple Step Ponytails from Hairstyles for Tiny Divas
- Hearts and Pigtails from Hairstyles for Tiny Divas
- 3 Twists Side Ponytail from Snap Bandz
- French Ponytail from One Fun Mom
- 5 Flipped Ponytails from Babes in Hairland
And, take a look at this cute toddler pigtail tutorial:
Buns, Braids, and Knots for Little Girls
- Double Twist from Girly Do Hairstyles
- Toddler Top Knot from Kojo Designs
- Super Twisty Bun from Hairstyles for Tiny Divas
- Sock Bun for Toddlers from Mama and Baby Love
And check out this tutorial for how to do knots from Girly Do Hairstyles:
And, just so you can see the struggle?
Forgive the blurriness, Squeaker was in a rush to get back outside to play. Her pigtails were already wet for this so after braiding on the run (literally), I secured the two braids together at the back.
Braiding hair while wet makes for a tighter braid. If I wanted an even better braid, I would have grabbed gel but it wasn’t that big of a deal for me.
What hairstyles do you like for toddlers?
Need more hairstyle ideas for your little girl?
- 20+ More Hairstyles for Toddler Girls
- 16+ Patriotic Hairstyles for Kids
- 20+ Christmas Hairstyles for Little Girls
- Ultimate Guide to Dresses and Hairstyles for Your Flower Girl
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- Saving Space: 4 Essential Tips to Declutter Your Home - September 30, 2023