I absolutely love chocolate chip cookies. And this recipe is adapted from a family favorite. But don’t be fooled! This not your Grandma’s one bowl chocolate chip cookie recipe.
When it comes to basic cooking skills, I’m a firm believer that making cookies should be up there. I’m not talking about elaborately decorated cookies but the kind that you can snack on any time of day.
Now, I realize, some may balk at the idea of using one bowl. But, I find it easier in the long run.
Best One Bowl Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
All of the classic chocolate chip cookie ingredients:
- White sugar
- brown sugar
- Chocolate chips
- Baking soda
- …. and bacon! Yes, bacon.
The wet ingredients:
- Two eggs
- two sticks of butter (melted)
In the oven and waiting to get in my belly. Two sheets, and spaced about 1/2 inch apart for growth. I want to say that I got 16 on each sheet. Or you can make larger cookies, it’s really up to you.
On the first day, maybe an hour after cooling, these cookies are a bit crispy on the edges and soft in the middle. After cooling longer, they turn more crunchy over all. If you like the softer bite, warm in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds.
One Bowl Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 sticks butter (melted)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips (your choice!)
- 8 pieces bacon (cooked and chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare two cookie sheets
- In a large mixing bowl, first combine the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients. Mix together by hand or with a hand-mixer until combined.
- Form the dough into small balls and place on cookie sheets with about 1/2 inch between cookies
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- Kitchen Design Tips That Prioritize The Senses - May 27, 2023