Sometimes, your budget door doesn’t always align with your décor. Your brain may want one thing but your wallet wants another, and it’s often difficult to make those things meet. When it comes to your home, upgrading things to make the whole space really pop and look fantastic is the goal. You’ll upgrade your bed or your bedding to make your bedroom look like a safe and comfortable space and you upgrade your paintings and your dishes to make your kitchen look attractive. But what about the dining room?
From the table linens to the curtains, your dining room can be upgraded to the highest possible standard. If it’s your budget that’s keeping you from doing it well, it’s so much easier to attain a dining room that looks expensive than you think. All you need to do is be mindful of the money you can spend while you are ensuring that your home looks great. So, with that in mind, we’ve put together a list of ways that you can make your dining room look fantastic.
- Add a touch of color. It’s one of the simplest upgrades that you can make, because you can add color with so many different things. You can add color with flowers, plants, new paint on the walls, table linens, or curtains. There are so many different additions that you can put into your dining room that really give it that edge of sophistication. You don’t even have to add too much color, but just a splash here and there.
- Don’t forget your florals. The dining table can really pop simply by having vases of flowers everywhere. You could have some in the middle of the table in one large vase, or you could have several smaller vases that have flowers that have been cut by the stems to focus on the blooms. Floral arrangements can be anywhere in the house, but the dining room gives you a chance to have a centerpiece and a created table scape. If you don’t have a particularly big table, look at your side unit and your window ledges.
- Upgrade your flatware. If you want to be a bit trendy in your dining décor, look at your flatware and switch what you have to metallic finishes. It screams high end and flashing metallics in the dining room are a staple for some people. If it’s not your thing, look for black flatware that is in matte rather than glossy design. This can gain an opulent look with a mysterious edge.
- Add a rug under the table. This probably isn’t the best idea if you’ve got children who like to throw their food, but having a rug in your dining room is an essential part of making it look good. Rugs can maintain the room in a way that everything else just doesn’t, and if you have a rug that’s inspired by different cultures, you give it a new upgraded look.
- Be creative with your lighting. Having up lighters on the walls or a light that hovers over the top of the table is a great way to add mood and aesthetic to your dining room space.
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- Kitchen Design Tips That Prioritize The Senses - May 27, 2023