This week’s book in the Virtual Book Club for Kids is the Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle
Eric Carle is a favorite author in this house so we were pretty excited to do something with this book. In fact, later on in our home preschool plans (at this point next year I’m thinking), we’ll do an Eric Carle unit.
But, if you just want to base your own unit and study around spiders, instead of Eric Carle, then I have a few suggestions for you:
We’ll also be sure to take a walk at some point so we can go look for spider webs and spiders outside.
I had wanted to set up a sensory bin, since this seems to be the ideal time of the year to get spider supplies.
I also want to create a few spider puppets with Squeaker using empty K-Cups and pipe cleaners. And Googly eyes, of course. Those are a must.
We’ll also use our own spider type cards and probably start with the second set. There are two sets of cards in the printable pack, one with text and one without text. I’ll use the one with text so we can talk about the various spider types. When we cover this book again for our Eric Carle unit, I’ll expand on the activities in the pack. And we’ll also use our Itsy Bitsy Spider printable pack.
We may also make a paper plate spider craft!
During the week, of course, we’ll also be sure to try out some of the activities from our fellow co-hosts in the Virtual Book Club for Kids!
- Printable Spider Web Letter Match Activity – Artsy Momma
- Spider Writing Tray – Adventures of Adam
- Alphabet Sticky Spider Wall – Toddler Approved
- Spiderweb Fingerprint Counting – Messy Little Monster
- Hands on Spider Counting Activity – School Time Snippets
- Spiderweb Sensory Bin – My Storytime Corner
- Spider Sensory Bin – Sugar, Spice, and Glitter
- A Very Busy Climbing Spider – To Be a Kid Again
- Feed the Spider Color Catapulting – Preschool Powol Packets
- How to Make a Rainbow Spider Web – Powerful Mothering
- Creepy Crawly Tangram Mats – Chickadee Lit
- Spiderweb Name Building – Rainy Day Mum
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- Improve The Outside Of Your Property With These Five Tips - January 20, 2021