How many lives do you think can be saved in 500 days? The answer just might surprise you. And believe it or not- you can help. By partnering with Save the Children, you can help make a difference in the life of a child. We can be moms helping moms around the world, working together to help save the children and bring a brighter future to children in need.
So what’s the problem exactly?
• Each day an estimated 800 mothers and 18,000 young children die from largely preventable causes.
• More than 1 million babies die on their first and only day of life across the world, and 2.9 million in their first month.
• The newborn crisis is much bigger than we may think, with a staggering 1.2 million stillbirths occurring during childbirth
• More than half of these maternal and under-fives deaths take place in locations beset by a high risk of conflict and/or natural disasters.
Is there any way to help?
- We can stop this. Many of these deaths are preventable if the mother-to-be had a trained midwife to help them give birth safely
What is Save the Children doing to help?
- Ensure that every mother, newborn and children under five has access to high quality health care:
- Invest much more in women and girls and ensure their protection;
- Build stronger institutions and stronger health systems that provide universal health coverage, and provide for the most vulnerable, as well as promote early action, social protection, disaster risk reduction;
What can I do to help?
Visit: Save the Children and read more about what they’re doing globally to help stop this epidemic. Every child deserves a fighting chance; from birth and beyond. Whether that’s taking care of mother’s during their pregnancy or getting children the necessary food to curb hunger- all children deserve a chance.
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- How to Prepare for the Future While Still Planning for the Present - December 13, 2017