Every year on the third Monday of January, the United States observes Martin Luther King Jr. Day (or MLK Jr. Day) in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. For most, it just means a day off from school and a three day weekend. Now, as a mom, it presents an opportunity to get in a day of edutainment (Educational and entertainment) with Sweet B and Squeaker. This year, I’m sharing a list of books and a printable pack for MLK Jr. Day. The books are divided by recommended age group and the mini printable pack contains pages that are suitable for multiple ages. Don’t feel pressured to use all of the pages.
And if you’re looking for even more ideas, be sure to check out my MLK Jr. Day board on Pinterest.
First, let’s get to that book list. You can purchase these books, via my affiliate link through Amazon.com or look for them at your local library. Some books may be read independently while others may require some parental help.
Please be advised that some of the links in this post are affiliate links. By making a purchase, I will earn a small commission.
1. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s I Have a Dream Speech in Translation (what it really means)- ages 8 – 10
2. A Picture Book of Martin Luther King Jr (A Picture Book Biography)- ages 6 and up
3. The Story of Martin Luther King Jr– ages 2 and up
4. I Have A Dream (book and CD)– grades K – 12
5. Who Was Martin Luther King Jr.?– ages 8 to 12
6. National Geographic Readers: Martin Luther King Jr.– ages 5 to 8
7. DK Biography: Martin Luther King Jr. ages 10 to 17
8. Martin’s Dream ages 8 to 10
9. Martin Luther King Jr.: Young Man With a Dream ages 8 to 12
10. Thank You Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.! ages 8 to 12
11. My First Biography: Martin Luther King Jr. ages 4 to 8
12. The Autobiography of Martin Luther King. Jr ages older teen/adult
And here’s that mini printable pack! As I mentioned earlier, this pack is for multiple ages so there are some pages that might not be for a particular age group. You can leave those out or adjust as you see fit. This pack was created using clip art that was purchased at Edu Clips.
>>>> Download Here <<<<
Need even more ideas to celebrate and honor the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.? Check out my Pinterest board- featuring crafts and activities for all ages!
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- 4 Easy Tips to Guide Meal Planning and a Free Weekly Menu Printable - January 16, 2017