A pest infestation is considered one of the worst signs of a big problem in your home. Pets can cause dangerous diseases and can make your house very unpleasant to live in as the numbers of pests increase, no matter how thorough a spring clean you do. No matter what kind of pest has moved into your home, whether it’s rodents, cockroaches, spiders, mice, or bugs, they will make trouble for you and your home. The only good thing to keep in mind is that whatever the infestation that has occurred, there is a solution to get it back under control. Once you have found the pest infestation, you can call a service to help you deal with the problem.
Image – free for commercial use
Below, you can learn the signs of common pest problems and what you should do when you first notice these signs. Keep pests out of your home with these tips, and learn to spot a problem as early as possible.
Signs Of Rat Infestation
If you notice any of these signs of a rat infestation, you should take all the necessary steps to get the infestation under control as soon as you can. The signs of a rat problem in your home could include:
- Footprints and traces
- Droppings and urine smell
- Damage to property
- Rat nests
These are usually the first signs of a rat problem that you will notice.
What To Do
If you notice any of these signs, here’s what to do.
- Contact a pest control service
- Use bait to control rats
- Regularly inspect areas where you’ve noticed rat activity
- Seal any cracks and gaps
- Find any entry points and sort them out as soon as you can
Signs Of Bed Bugs
Common signs of a bed bug problem include:
- Signs of itchiness and pimples from bug bites
- Bloodstains on bed sheets or pillows
- Eggshells around beds
- Bug discharge
- Smell and black specks in the bed
What To Do
If you notice these signs, you need to:
- Take all mattresses and bed linens to be washed
- Steam clean mattresses and bedsheets
- Take the mattress off the box, and clean the box with a steam cleaner too. The vapor from the steam cleaner can help to eliminate the bugs.
- Kill the bed bugs naturally if you spot them
- Use the dryer after the laundry
Signs Of A Cockroach Infestation
A cockroach infestation is often thought of as one of the worst pest infestations. So, it’s important to take action against the issue as soon as you can. Look out for these signs:
- Body parts
- Traffic near the kitchen and basement areas
- A musty odor
What To Do
If you see any of these signs, take action immediately.
- Regularly check and clean your basement and areas near it
- Never leave any food out on kitchen surfaces or in the sink
- Use some home remedies for keeping cockroaches under control
- Tightly close and seal all food containers and keep food cabinets clean
- Call a professional pest control service