We talked about must have apps for busy families, so let’s talk about types of apps for families and how you can use them in your life. Ranging from apps for time management to meal planning, there are numerous apps that were designed with busy families in mind. The problem in this tech driven world is figuring out which apps to use and sometimes, what to use them for.
There are dozens, if not hundreds, of applications that you and your family can use to manage your home. The task is to find the right ones for you. They need to be applications that serve your needs and are easy to find. Let’s take a look at some tips to find the right applications for you and your family.
How to Identify the Types of Apps that Will Help
#1 Identify Your Priorities
Before you start looking for applications, make a list of what you want the application to accomplish. What features does it need? What problem will it solve? How will you use it? For example, you might decide that you have three basic priorities: you need something to track your family’s schedule, you want to better manage household finances and you’re tired of reminding your kids to do their chores. Now you have three categories to begin looking into.
#2 Compare and Contrast
Start searching online using your specific keywords. For example, “Household scheduling mobile application.” You’ll receive a list of possibilities. From there you can begin to compare. Read reviews. Go to the application’s website and look at demos or screenshots. Specifically look to see if it offers the features you need. If your children will be using the application, is it something that is easy for them to understand and use? Also, make sure that the application is available for your smartphone operating system.
#3 Download and Try
Many applications are free or offer a free “lite” version. The lite versions don’t have all the bells and whistles but they can help you experience the application and make sure it’s one that suits your needs. Sometimes you just don’t know if an app is right for you until you try it out. If your children are going to be using it, ask them to try it out as well.
Once you’ve tried out the technology, you can begin to integrate it into your lifestyle or try a different one. Consider reading the documentation because there are often usability tips and suggestions that can help the application become more useful with a shorter learning curve.
Technology and mobile applications can save you an abundance of time, energy and money managing your household. With all that free time, and money, you can spend more time together doing what you love to do.
If you’re like me, then you’re probably already using apps to help organize your life and keep track of your families various activities. But did you know that there are several types of apps that can be used to help manage your family?
Types of Apps for Families to Simplify Life
1. Family Finances – Use mobile applications to stay on budget, to pay bills, to manage your banking and much more. And when you and your spouse are using the same technology, you’re both working from the same information.
2. Calendar and Scheduling – Keeping everyone’s schedule organized is difficult. There are mobile applications that you can use to help everyone stay scheduled. Some allow you to have multiple users and calendars so that everyone can see what each family member is doing. It makes planning much easier.
3. Task List – Task lists help you organize your responsibilities by priority, date, category and much more. They help you stay on top of what needs to be done.
4. Shopping Lists – Shopping list applications have come a long way. You can store digital coupons with mobile apps, peruse the weekly flyers, and make your list.
5. Chores – Keep your children and family members on task by using mobile apps to assign chores and to send reminders.
6. Meal Planning – Keep your family healthy, save time and save money with useful meal planning applications.
7. Communication – Send your family message blasts and reminders using household communications systems. It’s a great way to make sure that everyone is on the same page.
The first step to streamlining and simplifying your household is to identify the areas where you can leverage technology. The next step is to identify the best applications for your needs and to get your family involved and using the applications.
Of course, we don’t want to become too technology dependent but by making use of what’s readily available, we can use technology to our advantage.
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- How to Winter-Proof your Home (And What Could Happen If You Don’t) - November 12, 2019