Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by BODYARMOR. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Playing outdoors is serious business for kids.
It’s something that we encourage and as often as possible when the weather permits. But, the problem with being outdoors? Dehydration. So how do we make sure busy kids are staying hydrated?
When we are laughing and playing in the sun we don’t think of much else. But, even if you don’t think about anything else, remember that keeping up your fluid intake is important. Learn to stay hydrated during the hot months of the year.
The heat of the sun feels good on your skin. The summer months are a time to get outdoors and breathe the fresh air and have a bit of fun. Some people don’t pay attention to the weather when it is warm. If it were raining or storming, umbrellas would go up and people would drive slower.
So how do we make sure that we’re staying hydrated and still have fun?
Five Ways to Stay Hydrated in Warm Weather
1. Drink water before, during and after a workout – When the weather gets warm, you’ll lose even more fluid through sweat during a workout, indoors or out. Drink at least two or three glasses of water before a workout and eight ounces for each 15 minutes that you exercise. Afterwards, recharge those cells with another glass or two of water. It quenches your thirst like no other drink.
2. Eat fresh fruit – Fruit has high water content. It is one way to increase your intake of fluids, especially if you don’t like drinking a lot of water. For a treat, freeze a fruit, like grapes, and then munch on them as a cooler when hanging out outdoors.
3. Avoid drinks that steal water from your body – One thing to avoid is drinking caffeine and alcohol. Both can dehydrate your body. If you want something more than water, try using drink mix sticks or lemon and a sprig of mint.
4. Have a sports drink after heavy prolonged exercise – The body doesn’t just lose water but also electrolytes. Too much heat without replenishment of sodium and potassium can lead to an electrolyte imbalance in the tissues, which is serious.
Choose a drink that is low on sugar but high in the electrolytes that you need. A drink like Bodyarmor is perfect for this!
- BODYARMOR LYTE is a naturally flavored, naturally sweetened low-calorie sports drink that combines electrolytes, coconut water and vitamins for Super Hydration.
- BODYARMOR LYTE contains only 20/calories per serving and is the perfect drink to replenish your body after a quick run or gym class.
- BODYARMOR LYTE is heavy on hydration and LYTE on calories.
- BODYARMOR SuperDrink is a premium, sports drink that provides superior hydration.
- It is packed with electrolytes, coconut water and vitamins and is low in sodium and high in potassium. BODYARMOR contains natural flavors and sweeteners and no colors from artificial sources.
You can find BODYARMOR at your local Wegmens, ShopRite, PriceChopper, or Tops store- and don’t forget to bring this money saving coupon with you!
5. Drink throughout the day – Even if you are not participating in organized activity, you are still moving around outdoors so the heat can affect you. Keep a bottle of water with you at all times. It can also help you eat less. Most of the time when we eat, it is not actually hunger but thirst that we suffer from.
Water is important to every living thing and that includes you. During warm weather, stay hydrated- and drink Bodyarmor.
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- Kitchen Design Tips That Prioritize The Senses - May 27, 2023