Like many moms with blogs, Kori’s story is not entirely unique–but, it’s her passion, determination, and follow-through that is making her blog unique and her voice heard. And, its for this reason, I applaud her balancing-act and goal-setting to make 2015 a transitional blog year.
I’ve been sharing my experiences over the past decade as a professional blogger throughout this 25-blog tour, and what makes me most so happy is that women are finding blogging to fit their lifestyle and needs, rather than letting their “jobs” dictate how they should live or raise their families. As a proud homeschool mommy of three tween and teen daughters, one applying to colleges this fall, all I have to say is “Kori, you CAN do it!” and so can YOU–if you’re reading this today!
So, onto our lesson today about speeding up your research writing time:
Writing Unique Blog Posts Deserve Quality Research Time
You probably already know you should never just look something up in Wikipedia and use that as your only source. Cross-check things you learn across several sources and be sure it’s an accurate source. Don’t just use one.
One of the best ways to cut down on research is to simply speak from your own experience. This is easy for something like a product review. Just use it and share your experience.
Of course there are times when you shouldn’t cut down on research. And lots of times you should just grab the specific fact or answer you need – and resist the urge to delve deeper. It will just add time to your production process.
Essential Tips to Streamline Your Research
- Write your blog post first, from your own experience and memory
- If you need to look something up, leave a gap or highlight it
- Leave research for last
- Set an alarm when researching
It’s easy to get distracted or absorbed in your research and find the time just slipping away. Even if you do need to spend more time on a topic, the alarm has brought you back to the present moment, and you can evaluate where you are. If you need to continue researching, just reset the alarm.
The above tips are an excerpt from our debut “How to Write Blog Posts Faster” Tutorial, one of seven documents in our comprehensive Blogger Monthly Tutorials launching on May 1st. Each tutorial eKit comes with a tutorial, 21 tips sheet, worksheet, calendar, worksheets, all our recommended tools and much more!
Click here to sign up for the Early Bird special release of $5 per month!
Win Two-Hours of Blog Coaching with Heidi and Ponn ($298 value)
We’re crowdsourcing the name of our Monthly Training tutorials. So, we need your help!
Grand Prize: Two-Hours of Blog Coaching by Blogger Babes Co-Founders (Value $298)
- Two one-hour blog coaching sessions, one with Heidi and one with Ponn. Coaching will be conducted separately on the phone (domestic), Skype, or our recorded webinar room (international).
How to Enter:
- Make one comment below for each monthly subscription title you create. Make sure you use your primary email, so it’s easy for us to reach you if you win!
- Any age, any country. Minors with guardian’s permission.
- Unlimited number of entries across any/all guest blog posts from now until Monday, April 20, 2015.
- Deadline date: Monday, April 20, 2015 11:59 pm Pacific Time. [After all, we need time to design the covers. 😉 ]
- Winner selection: Heidi and I will select one winner and announce it Tuesday, April 21, 2015.
[Note: these actions do not serve as contest entries. Official entries must be made on this blogpost…but, we’d love to connect with you nonetheless.]
- Check out our draft sales page now, take some time, and share your proposed title below in the comments area on or before April 20th 11:59 pm Pacific time. While you’re there, sign up for our Early Bird release special!
- Follow the rest of my tour to meet new bloggers, “spy” on other creative title entries, and learn along with me. Here’s our blog tour schedule.
Can’t wait to read your replies!
Ponn Sabra is a best-selling author and homeschool mom of three tween and teen daughters, also bestselling authors and probloggers [http://PonnSabra.com]. The Managing Partner of Blogger Babes, Ponn also gets lost during the research process; that’s why she relies heavily on her 4th tip to “set an alarm when researching”…however, there are times she forgets. Does this happen to you too?
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- How to Customize and Use Your Wooden Tree Advent Calendar - November 14, 2019