This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Back2SchoolStockUp #CollectiveBias
Countdown time is on for us as there is less than a month before school starts again in Albany. For us, that means shopping for clothes, school supplies, and lunch items for Sweet B. I tend to do the majority of my shopping online as it’s just more convenient for me, but on occasion we’ll still go out into the stores and shop. The school supply list hasn’t arrived yet, but that didn’t stop us from looking for lunch time and snack staples.
Sweet B’s lunch tends to stay the same all year round. Which is great for bulk shopping because I can stock up in one trip and not have to worry about it for a few months. Staples in her lunch bag, include chips or crackers of some kind while after school she likes having a sweet treat.
We recently took a trip to our local Sam’s Club over the weekend. We had T & J with us, so it was a full car for the ride over there. And even though, sometimes, I had to question if we would arrive with our sanity in tact, soon enough we reached our destination. The boys absolutely loved all of the samples (and were quite taken with the fact that they could get free bacon) which allowed Kyle and I to get some of the necessary items on the list.
One of those items, the Rice Krispies Treats, we found right away in the breakfast aisle:
In nearby aisles we were able to find more of the items on our list, both for household needs and for back to school needs. And of course, in the meantime we all took advantage of the yummy samples that were available that day.
Even Squeaker gave a cookie a try:
Squeaker really enjoyed that cookie and it’s also one of Kyle’s favorite cookies… so we added that to our list as well.
By the time all was said and done, we had everything that we needed to stock the pantry for lunches and after school snacks:
But our work wasn’t quite done yet! When you purchase specially marked packages, Kellogg’s is offering a free code that you can redeem for a free Scholastic book. This part was the most appealing to me because it meant being able to stock up on products that we needed and get free books in the process.
I’d call that a definite win-win.
And redeeming your code is super easy:
- Buy any one of 13 specially marked Kellogg’s products at Sam’s Club
- Go to www.freebookoffer.com/Sams
- Click on “ENTER CODE NOW”
- Click on “GET STARTED” to redeem without signing into Kellogg’s Family Rewards OR click “LOG IN” to redeem through your Kellogg’s Family Rewards account
- Enter the address where you’d like your book to be mailed
- Enter the 16 digit code found inside your package
- On the “Thanks” page, click “redeem page” to go to the book redemption page
- Click on “ORDER NOW” to browse through the selection of over 80 books
- Click on the book you’d like to order
- Click on “Add to Cart”
- Review your order on the Shopping Cart page
- Click on “Continue to checkout”
- Check the point deduction authorization statement
- Click on “Continue to checkout” again
- Review your contact info for accuracy
- Click on “Place my order”
- You’re done! And now your book will arrive in the mail in no more than 8 weeks!
We chose a Clifford book for Squeaker as this is a character that both of her older siblings loved. I can’t wait to introduce him to her, as well 🙂
And if you aren’t a member of Sam’s Club, don’t worry!
Bring this invitation printed out to the Member Services Desk at your local Sam’s Club for a pass to shop for the day. A 10% service fee applies on all non-member purchases when shopping with this One-Day Pass (not applicable in CA, SC or Elmsford, NY). The 10% service fee does not apply if the non-member decides to join the Club at the time of purchase.
And if you’re curious about the included products, and would like to try a few delicious product samples, check out this list of Sam’s Clubs with demos to find one near you on 8/22/15 and 8/23/15!
What are your must have items for back to school and how can Sam’s Club and Kellogg’s help?
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- When to File Your Tax Return and Determining Your Filing Status in 2020 - January 2, 2020