While we won’t be getting married for a little while yet, that won’t stop me from planning our wedding. We do know that we’d like to get married in the Fall and more than likely close to home. But, if we had the budget for it, I would love to have a destination wedding. Either somewhere exotic or somewhere exciting. At the very least somewhere overseas. I’m not so sure about tropical, but there are so many possibilities when it comes to planning a destination wedding.
But why should you consider a destination wedding in the first place?
“Why not choose a destination wedding?” should be the question.
Destination weddings are becoming so popular that planning one is almost a no-brainer. You get a picture-book wedding setting and a vacation to boot – and your guests will love it! Below are the top five reasons that you should consider planning a get-away wedding.
1. You get to leave all your “cares” at home and leave the details to others. Whether you choose an island wedding, European sojourn, “rough it in the wild” safari in Africa or a dream cruise on a luxury ship, you’ll find staff ready and waiting to cater to your every want and need. What better way to begin your new life than on a relaxed note? Your work or anything that might cause stress will be out of sight and out of mind with a destination wedding.
2. A destination wedding will give you more for your money. You might think that traveling to an exotic location to get married would break the budget you painstakingly created for your wedding. Contrary to that belief, a destination wedding can actually be less of a strain on your pocketbook. Packages are readily available that come with everything included – air fare, transportation needs, discounts for larger parties, etc. Consider that in many locations, everything you need (such as flowers and music) is localized to make your destination wedding simple.
3. You’ll get to choose the background and activities that appeal to you, as a couple.
The picture-book setting of a Hawaiian beach or Bali is the perfect background for your destination wedding if you’re dreaming of getting married barefoot on the beach with orchids in your hair. The photos will be stunning. But if the beach isn’t your bag, a European wedding in a castle can fulfill daydreams of Romeo and Juliet or be a real life Disney princess.
4. You get to choose the weather for your special day! It’s true that most couples think of warm weather for saying their faraway vows with a destination wedding. But you might have other ideas – like snow and skiing. By doing a little research, you can make your dream weather come true. 5. Thinking of a theme? A destination wedding can be a change from the traditional wedding ritual. Many couples are considering a theme wedding rather than the tired old rituals held in a church. An island destination wedding will go over much better in Jamaica or Hawaii than Portland, Maine. Are you dreaming of a winter wonderland theme and you live in Florida? Switzerland or Norway can fill the bill in a way that will get you in the mood more than 90-degree weather could.
And if you need more help with planning a destination wedding, be sure to check out this great free resource for getting married abroad
What is your dream wedding destination?
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- When to File Your Tax Return and Determining Your Filing Status in 2020 - January 2, 2020