Being a stay at home mom is one of my favorite things in the world. And though some may have their own perception that stay at home moms don’t do much, in reality we know better. Granted, we may not do every single thing that working moms or those in the traditional 9 to 5 may do; but that’s not to say that we aren’t busy.
Far from it.
This especially holds true when there are toddlers to chase after because we know that they are busy little creatures. And in order to keep up with them, we must be busy and active ourselves.
Being a work at home mom, or aspiring, only adds to what I do during the day. And with all of that, it becomes so easy to neglect my health. I have terrible habit of doing that anyway, even though I know better. Of course I know better. But that’s one of those “easier said than done” type of things.
Still, working on my own personal health and wellness goals has become more of a priority as I grow older. That includes making healthier food choices- especially on those days where breakfast is usually two cups of coffee.
Most of us don’t eat the perfect diet and we have struggles with food, same as everyone else. Having an awareness of this and knowing a little bit about our health and food nutrition can help when it comes to making wise decisions.
If you need help with selecting healthy food choices and planning menus, you may want to consult a nutritionist. The services of a nutritionist can be of immeasurable value, especially if you are feeling overwhelmed with all the food choices out there. A nutritionist can help with planning custom menus suited to your body type and health status.
A great nutrition tip for someone who is craving junk food, is to fill up on healthy food first. You may find that your craving will go away after you have eaten something healthy, or if you are still craving junk food, you will not overindulge and eat too much as you are already full.
So how can busy moms make healthier choices throughout the day?
– Never give-up. When you “slip”, do whatever is necessary to re-gain control. Try to practice restraint most of the time,
Think moderation and not abstinence at all times!
– Understand that self-control and discipline by themselves, won’t cut it! If you depend totally on yourself for control, you will fail. Forming caring and supportive relationships is required. If you do not currently have a support network, start building one TODAY.
– Exercise. It increases feel-good endorphins that cut down on your cravings. Try to get at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day. Weather permitting, we take walks to and from one of the local parks. Depending on which park we go to, it takes us a good 20 minutes to get there. Then we’re playing at the park for a good hour. Best of all? We’re getting fresh air, exercise, sunshine- and having fun.
Going to the park also helps us break up the usual routine of the day and/or provides us with something else to do. That’s not to say that we don’t do stuff at home.
– Use moderation. Instead of stuffing yourself with every kind of food hoping that your craving will go away, eat 100 to 200 calories of your “craved” food.
– Never skip a meal. Eat every three to five hours. Try six smaller meals or regular meals with nutritious snacks.
And if you’re hard pressed for time or think that it just might be easier to order take-out or head to the local fast food place; consider stocking up on Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers.
All Healthy Choice meals are made with real ingredients and no preservatives so you don’t have to worry about sacrificing taste or freshness. Since the ingredients aren’t frozen in the sauce they have a fresh, more vibrant taste.
With each meal containing a mix of vitamins, nutrients and protein, Healthy Choice Café Steamers are a delicious, healthy, convenient option, whether at work, home or on the go.
And with my toddler starting to display some picky eating habits, I want to keep my freezer stocked with healthy food options.
Are you a busy work at home or stay at home mom? How would Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers make your life easier?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- When to File Your Tax Return and Determining Your Filing Status in 2020 - January 2, 2020