If you are one of the lucky ones to have health insurance? I’m not sure if you ever really realize how lucky you are. When I was 18 and looking for my first full time job; one of the things I wanted to know about was health insurance. Pretty odd, right? Well maybe not so much considering I already had a two year old child. And now, being a work at home mom, I do what I need to do make sure that I have health insurance and that my kids are covered. When Kyle and I finally tie the knot, I know health insurance will be covered. So it’s definitely a relief having that taken care of. But how do you about finding a health care plan that works for you and your family? With thanks to UnitedHealthcare for sponsoring this conversation, we’ll dive into this topic.
It is undeniable that health insurance makes health care more accessible, including preventive services such as screenings and regular check-ups with your doctor.
Consider the fact that only a third of the uninsured U.S population scheduled a preventive visit with their doctor in 2013. On the other hand, 74% of adults with health insurance saw their doctor for a preventive visit during the same year.
If you don’t have insurance, or have a policy that doesn’t meet your needs, it’s important that you learn more about healthcare coverage to find a policy that matches your needs and your budget.
What factors should you consider when choosing a policy? It’s important to select a health insurance policy that corresponds to your needs and budget. Consider these factors before purchasing coverage:
* Monthly premiums. This corresponds to the amount you will have to pay on a monthly basis to receive coverage.
* Deductible. This is your portion of your medical expenses – before your insurance even starts to cover your expenses. Most policies include a co-pay for doctor appointments and a larger deductible if you need surgery or another expensive form of treatment.
* Amount of coverage offered. What percentage of your medical expenses will the insurance company pay? Is there a maximum amount?
* Reputation of your health insurance provider. Choose a company with good reviews. Your insurance provider should value customer service and process claims quickly and efficiently.
So what happens after you have your new health care plan? Well, our friends at UnitedHealthcare have provided some easy and fun ways to figure this out. And guess what- from now until 2/28 (that’s the end of this month) you can enter a sweepstakes to win weekly ($100) or the monthly prize ($500)- with three separate sweepstakes!
The first way to learn about how to use your new healthcare plan is Health Facts 1-2-3
This is a simple three question, true/false quiz about how to use your new healthcare plan
How easy is that?
And finally, you can play Perfect Match– a memory style concentration/match game with health care terms. The game uses basic health care terms to help you better understand your new health care plan.
I don’t know about you, but I’d much rather have one of these options vs. listening to a (mostly) boring and standard presentation. Plus, UnitedHealthcare is giving you multiple opportunities to win.
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- How to Customize and Use Your Wooden Tree Advent Calendar - November 14, 2019