Though it’s officially spring, it certainly hasn’t felt like it every day. Sure, sometimes the sun shines brightly but more often than not there’s cloudy skies to be found. We’ve taken it upon ourselves (we being Squeaker and I) to bring a little bit of sunshine indoors. We made our “You Are My Sunshine” craft for Mother’s Day this year and on that same day, we did three more sun themed crafts. Maybe we’ll turn this into a Sun unit in the future and use some of these easy sun themed crafts.
This post contains affiliate links and while you are under no obligation to use them, by purchasing something through my affiliate link you are supporting this site, thanks!
For our part, we did the following three:
- Tissue paper sun (using pink, orange, and yellow tissue paper)
- hand and footprint sun (with yellow construction paper)
- Do a Dot marker sun (with red, orange, and yellow Do a Dot markers)
For all three crafts, we also used white paper plates.
While Squeaker was mostly able to do the tissue paper sun & the Do a Dot marker sun on her own and she did the painting for the hand and footprint sun; adult assistance is needed for some of these. What level, of course, depends on your child.
10 Easy Sun Themed Crafts for Toddlers and Preschoolers
Tissue Paper Sun
For this first one, I had Squeaker tear up some of the tissue paper. She enjoyed this part a lot and it got her to use her fine motor skills. After she had a nice little pile, I helped her with the glue. It was then up to her to put the tissue paper on the plate.
Do a Dot Marker Sun
This was the easiest to do. All I did was set out the Do a Dot markers, and Squeaker took care of the rest. Of course, this was also the one that I don’t have a finished product for!
Hand and Footprint sun
This was a 50/50 craft in terms of adult help. Squeaker did all of the work for the painting part of it by using red and yellow fingerpaint for the sun. I then traced her hand and foot on yellow construction paper (I think 5 of each) and cut them out. We used glue to apply them to the outside of the paper plate.
We also might give a few of these ideas a try next time:
- Sunshine craft from Preschool Toolkit
- Paper plate sun from Buggy and Buddy
- Popsicle Stick Mosaic sun from Kids Activities Blog
- S is for Sun alphabet craft from Schooltime Snippets
- Cupcake liner sun craft from I Heart Crafty Things
- You Are My Sunshine Keepsake from The Realistic Mama
- Easy Sun craft from Handmade Kids Art
Do you have a favorite sun themed craft to share? Let me know in the comments, I’d love to check it out and add it to my list!
Latest posts by Kori (see all)
- I was a Strong Willed, Highly Sensitive Child- and Now I’m Raising One - August 22, 2017